Why attend this program?
Digital transformation reshapes businesses with the advancement of digital technologies and applications, at an accelerated rate especially by pandemic. The major propellers are data analytics, computer algorithms, intelligent agents, and their applications across scenarios in every industry. The ability to use data, analytics and AI effectively to drive rapid and precise decisions are essential to future leadership skills for the disruptive times. Senior executives equipped with such mindset and knowledge can leverage the innovation trend, lead the corporation achieving impressive growth and be at the forefront of core leadership team.
Leveraging on case development capacity of the Asia Case Research Centre of HKU Business School and also the Ivey Case Centre in Asia, this programme will be empowered by recent cases on Alibaba, Amazon, SF Express, WeChat, TouTiao, Watson Group, HSBC, HKEx, Lane Crawford Joyce Group, Seeking Alpha, Apple, Nasdaq and Facebook IPO, and Siemens Canada, etc., discussing effective use and strategies of data, analytics and AI.
Who should attend?
- responsible or contributing to for shaping organization's future business or digital transformation strategy
- heading a team of technical experts with mandate to use data analytics and AI to unlock new sources of strategic and operating value for business success
- required to bring strategic and operational insights to the senior management
- leading departmental heads with technical background as direct reports
- seasoned with technical backgrounds such as finance, actuary, revenue management
Associate Professor, Faculty of Business and Economics, HKU
Artificial intelligence (AI) and blockchain are of strategic importance to companies and nations, as these key technologies have the potential to revolutionize many industries from financial services, retail, automobile to virtually every other industry. This module aims to give students a good understanding of these disruptive technologies and their real-world commercial applications, so that students may recognize the potential application of AI and Blockchain in their own businesses. Executives and managers wishing to design and implement AI and blockchain strategies would find this module to be a valuable and insightful foundation on which they can pursue further inquiries.
- Artificial Intelligence: Past, Present, and Future
- AI Applications based on Machine Learning and Deep Learning
- Case: AI-powered Recruitment
- AI Strategy: Design and Implementation
- AI Risks
- Bitcoin: The Most Successful Blockchain Application
- Essential Knowledge of Blockchain Technologies
- Case: Applying Blockchain in Rewards Program
- Blockchain Applications in Various Industries
- Blockchain Strategy: Design and Implementation
Associate Dean (Executive Education), Patrick S C Poon Professor in Analytics and Innovation, Faculty of Business and Economics, HKU
Firms are creating and consuming vast amounts of information, leaving behind a trail of digitized (big) data. To be successful, firms need to use the data to drive their decision-making, often under uncertainty due to incomplete information. However, much of the promise from the information-rich digital recording of firm activities has failed to materialize as managers often find it difficult to translate (big) data into actionable policies and generate business value. This module offers discussions at both strategical and operational levels. We start with the introduction of big data and artificial intelligence through examples. We then discuss the analytics triangle of Question – Data – Analytics, and the right balance among them needed for effective data-driven decision making. We demonstrate how to ask “crunchy” questions with cases and problem sharing from the participants, and then introduce analytics techniques using examples from operations analytics and healthcare analytics. We also hear from guest speakers/past programme participants and conclude with an outlook of the future modules.
- Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Examples
- Strategic Considerations of Data Analytics
- The Analytics Triangle: Question, Data, Analytics
- How to Ask Crunching Questions
- Pitfalls of Big Data
- Nutshell of Analytics Techniques
- Business Analytics Cases Discussion
Research Professor, Ivey Business School
The first two decades of twenty-first century is the era of artificial intelligence and analytics. The trends and innovations that have shaped the technology industry over the past several years. For example, Cloud computing has gone mainstream for many enterprises, and the Internet of Things (IoT) is changing how both industrial and consumer-oriented companies do business. The increasing popularity of social media has resulted in astounding growth in the amount of digital data available, Managers keep up to date on emerging digital information relevant to business. We are now determining how AI can leverage and gain competitive strategy. This module will help you understand the data-information customer insights and decision making. The most important, the course identifies data sources that allow you to define and track performance indicators for your digital activities. The goal is for participants to learn frameworks and methods that will allow them to generate valuable and actionable business insights.
- Brand engagement and digital strategy
- Data driven decision making
- Leverage online social networks
- Managing and analyzing social interactions
- Online word-of-mouth and platform strategy
- Neutral network and visual listening
- Future technology trends
Associate Professor, General Management Strategy & Information Systems, Ivey Business School
This course is designed to offer a leader perspective on digital technologies, with a focus on how diverse established and emerging technologies, such as Internet of Things (IoT), mobile computing, artificial intelligence, and fintech, can shape different organizations, sectors, and economies worldwide. The course encompasses key concepts, analytical frameworks, technology trends, and real-life cases, and discusses the conceptualization, design, and management of technologies in an increasingly digitized global business environment. Specifically, we will examine the complexity of navigating technology projects, analyze examples of leveraging technology-based solutions, from mobile apps to digital twins, to transform businesses in a competitive industry environment, discuss models and best practices for acquiring technological capabilities, and investigate the impact of technologies on the future of society.
- Overview/Review, Connection with Earlier Modules
- Leading the journey of digital transformation
- Navigating the complexity of digital projects
- Developing digital capability
- Examining digital strategies
- Leveraging digital technologies for social impact
- Your digital journey: Lessons learned and best practices
- Exploring digital disruption and the future of society
Participants will Gain Insight and Confidence in:
- methods to leverage data and analytics to understand complex business issues, acquire customers, make informative decisions, etc.
- how to set your own data and AI strategy in the areas of sales, products, marketing, general management, etc.
- the capabilities of AI and blockchain combining with data and how they create, capture, and share value
- recognition of opportunities where achieving an understanding of data and AI can lead to enhanced performance or profitability
- framework and best practices in leading digital transformation
Program Dates and Fee*
Module 1: AI and Blockchain Strategies^ (In-Person and Hybrid Sessions)**
Module 2: Data, Analytics, Business Strategy^ (In-Person and Hybrid Sessions)**
Module 3: Data Informed Customer Insights and Digital Strategy (Hybrid Sessions)**
Module 4: Leading Digital Transformation and Disruption (Hybrid Sessions)**
Fee: USD 2,200 per module.
*5% discount available for early bird registration submitted 45 days or earlier, prior to the start of the programme.
*5% discount available for registering all 4 modules
*5% discount available for HKU/Ivey alumni or ≧ 3 registrations from the same company
**Subject to COVID-19, travel, and distancing restrictions, delivery mode is expected to be a combination of in-person and hybrid sessions.
^Module 1 & 2 have been included in the list of registered public courses under the “Reindustrialisation and Technology Training Programme” (RTTP) which offers 2/3 course fee reimbursement upon successful application. Companies should submit their RTTP training grant application for their employee(s) via https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk/rttp/login at least two weeks before course commencement. Alternatively, application form could be submitted by email to email@example.com along with supporting documents. For details please visit https://rttp.vtc.edu.hk.
Participants will be conferred a certificate jointly issued by HKU and Ivey upon completing all 4 modules of the program.
What Participants Say about our Programme
General Managera Multinational Media Firm
"Very comprehensive, covering a wide range of big data topics, high-level technique and cases. Professor is well-versed to the domain knowledge and able to balance the depth and breadth of the topic. Very fruitful workshop indeed!"
CFOone of major banks in Hong Kong
"Subjects or topics are covered very well, such as deep learning which is almost the most advanced topic nowadays. Also highlight the most useful and powerful tools such as clustering and PCA, allowing students to realize that “big data” is not secret anymore and the real world problems we have can be solved by ourselves."
Associate DeanHigher Education
"Case-base structure which is close to the actual business situation and environment. Very up-to-date."