Who Should Attend?
The Ivey China Consortium is designed for multinational and Hong Kong-based companies with significant footprints and talent development and retention needs in China, as well as for Chinese enterprises positioned to expand beyond China’s domestic market. By creating a synergetic and practical learning environment, Ivey’s renowned learning by engagement and case teaching approach serves as the ideal platform to facilitate interactive learning among international and Chinese companies.
Description and Format
This program enhances business unit leadership and strategic thinking skills of high-potential mid-level managers. Participants will gain a cross-functional perspective and learn the keys to effective execution of corporate or business strategy. With strong content and contextual relevance to China business, this 12-day program consists of 4 modules and is delivered over a 4-month period in key city(ies) in China by Ivey Faculty. Teaching materials and language are in Chinese.
Newly Designed Modules and Key Topics
Leadership in Action
January 7-9, 2021 Hong Kong*
- Enhance leadership capabilities to build high performing individuals, teams and enterprises.
- Identify, develop and coach leadership talent and build a culture of performance and accountability.
- Hone change leadership skills by analyzing resistance and support for change.
- Use appropriate change strategies to overcome resistance and build support, and create/sustain an effective change plan.
Leading Brand and Digital Marketing Strategy
February 25-27, 2021 Shenzhen*
- Investigate the goal of branding building and brand management in the digital world
- Develop and apply a digital marketing plan aligned with a firm’s overall marketing strategy
- Evaluate a digital marketing plan by tracking and analyzing its performance
- Get familiar with up-to-date digital marketing trends
Strategic Analysis in the Age of Disruption and Deglobalization
March 18-20, 2021 Beijing*
- Internationalization strategy and market entry. Mode choice and integrating foreign market entry strategy with international strategy.
- Role of country general manager as the link between corporate strategic objectives and front line implementation.
- The strategic logic of cross border M&As or international alliances. Partner selection.
- Aligning international strategy and international structure and projects.
Managing Financial Performance and Resources
April 15-17, 2021 Shanghai*
- Understand and connect firm business model with financial performance.
- Appreciate relationships between firm strategy and financial decisions.
- Manage capital needs to achieve financial flexibility.
- Develop commercial acumen and skills in management decision-making scenarios.
- Make sound strategic investment decisions in inbound and outbound expansion scenarios.
*Class dates and location subject to change.
What Participants Say About Our Program
Mr. Cen MinPresident, Vivo Global (Philippines)
“Case-Method Learning is based on real business situations, which is the best way to learn and develop insights. In this respect, Ivey Business School is at the forefront of the world. The advantage of this way of learning is that professors will provide systematic guidance for executives to analyze business issues embedded in cases, and facilitate lively debates to achieve deep understanding of management issues and their practical implications. Ivey’s professors provide useful frames for thinking of and combining theory with practice. These learnings can be transferred immediately from the classroom to work. To me, this is indeed a very effective way to learn as a business executive!”
DirectorNew World Development (Wuhan) Company Limited
“The Case-teaching Method is very novel. The professor guided us on how to analyse a case, it’s not one-way lecture but two-way interaction.”
Assistant General ManagerK11 Concepts
“The professor used a very simple and easy to understand language to explain concepts, which helps us to understand the nature of a theory and its applications in to the real world of business. This is a wonderful program.”
General ManagerChangzhou, Ningbo Esquel Garment Limited Company (Esquel Group)
“The program is well structured; the coverage and depth of the content is appropriate. The teaching method is very effective, it focuses on the importance of strategy and how it could work in the business environment.”
Executive General ManagerNew World China (South China) Property Service Center
“Learning the topic of leadership through Case-teaching Method is very effective for me. I could associate what we have discussed with my daily work, and rethink how decisions are made in the past and how/what I would do differently. I believe I will become a better leader after attending this program.”