Who Should Attend?
The Ivey China Consortium is designed for multinational and Hong Kong-based companies with significant footprints and talent development and retention needs in China, as well as for Chinese enterprises positioned to expand beyond China’s domestic market. By creating a synergetic and practical learning environment, Ivey’s renowned learning by engagement and case teaching approach serves as the ideal platform to facilitate interactive learning among international and Chinese companies.
Description and Format
This program enhances business unit leadership and strategic thinking skills of high-potential mid-level managers. Participants will gain a cross-functional perspective and learn the keys to effective execution of corporate or business strategy. With strong content and contextual relevance to China business, this 12-day program consists of 4 modules and is delivered over a 4-month period in key city(ies) in China by Ivey Faculty. Teaching materials and language are in Chinese.
Newly Designed Modules and Key Topics
Managing Financial Performance and Resources
December 14-16, 2017
- Understand and connect firm business model with financial performance.
- Appreciate relationships between firm strategy and financial decisions.
- Manage capital needs to achieve financial flexibility.
- Develop commercial acumen and skills in management decision-making scenarios.
- Make sound strategic investment decisions in inbound and outbound expansion scenarios.
Leadership in Action
January 18-20, 2018
- Enhance leadership capabilities to build high performing individuals, teams and enterprises.
- Identify, develop and coach leadership talent and build a culture of performance and accountability.
- Hone change leadership skills by analyzing resistance and support for change.
- Use appropriate change strategies to overcome resistance and build support, and create/sustain an effective change plan.
Market Development and Brand Management
February 5-7, 2018
- Understand the nature of marketing and details about marketing planning.
- Analyze the options for consumption value creation.
- Investigate the goals of brand building and brand management.
- Explore the road from subcontracting to brand marketing.
International Business Strategy
March 15-17, 2018
- Internationalization strategy and market entry. Mode choice and integrating foreign market entry strategy with international strategy.
- Role of country general manager as the link between corporate strategic objectives and front line implementation.
- The strategic logic of cross border M&As or international alliances. Partner selection.
- Aligning international strategy and international structure and projects.